Lorain Cooperative Ministry
DELIVERY DRIVER POSITION OPENING
Lorain Cooperative Ministry is currently seeking to fill the position of our part-time Delivery Driver. Please see job description below and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position.
About the Lorain Cooperative Ministry:
The Lorain Cooperative Ministry was started by the Lutheran Churches in the city of Lorain over 35 years ago. It is now an ecumenical ministry with 9 member congregations in Lorain, Amherst, and Avon Lake who provide food pantries, hot meals, clothing, hygiene products and emergency assistance in their communities at least once a month. The Lorain Cooperative Ministry holds an annual free farmers market to provide fresh produce, and has collaborated with other organizations for the past 5 summers to provide children a summer lunch and camp program in downtown Lorain. As the mission statement says, “we believe that we can do more together, acting cooperatively, than which we can do separately.”
About the Delivery Driver:
This is a part time paid position, with the number of hours required each week varying between 10-15hrs/wk. Delivery days are generally Mondays and Wednesdays 8:00am-2:30pm, and the occasional Thursday and Sunday mornings (time flexible between 8-11:30am). The Delivery Driver reports to the Program Coordinator.
• Collaborate with Program Coordinator and Site Coordinators to coordinate weekly delivery schedule
• Pick-up and deliver Second Harvest orders to sites
• Pick-up and deliver food from area grocery stores to sites
• Pick-up and deliver food between sites
• Be responsible for maintenance and security of van
• The successful candidate will be committed to the mission of the Cooperative Ministry
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Must pass background check including motor vehicle records check
• Ability to work well with volunteers
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to respect the dignity of all people: guests, board members, donors, and volunteers
• Compassion and understanding for persons living in poverty, having mental illnesses, and/or homelessness
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Questions regarding the position or process should also be sent to this address.